I found this recipe on I Heart Naptime. I made it a few weeks ago for a group and it was a hit. I made a few adjustments to the recipe and added some suggestions that made the process easier for me. Sorry there are no photos. Go to the I Heart Naptime page to see her photo.
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (this is a little more than one packet)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Top the dough with the following before baking:
- 1 Hershey’s Bar (cut into pieces)
- 2 Graham Crackers (broken into pieces)
- 3/4 cup marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl with a fork. Then line a 13×9 with foil and press down crust. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Pour into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- I put spoonfuls of the dough evenly all over the top of the graham cracker crust. Then carefully press dough into pan with flour on your hands. This is a bit tricky because the graham cracker crust keeps pulling up. Then add the Hershey’s bar, broken graham cracker and marshmallows on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Be carefully not to overcook or the bars will be dry. Oven temps will vary. The dough should be slightly soft in the center.
- Allow bars to cool before cutting.