I had several partial bags of chips (all kinds of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter chips) and candies in the pantry when this recipe from Glorious Treats popped up in my inbox. The perfect treat for institute last week. I also made a half batch in an 8″X8″ pan with Krusteaz Gluten Free flour from Sam’s and they were very good. The only trick with the half batch was half of three eggs. I beat three eggs together and weighed them and took out half.
Kitchen Sink Blondies
Yield: 1- 9″x13″ pan (about 24 bars)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups mixed chips (I used 1/2 cup each mini M&Ms, Semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. You can use whatever you have or like.)
1. Preheat your oven to 325*F and line a baking pan with parchment (or foil). Leave some paper hanging over the sides, so you can pull the bars out of the pan after baking.
2. In a large bowl blend together both sugars and melted butter. Blend until well combined, then add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla. Stir together until fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture. Stop mixing as soon as all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add mixed chips of your choice and blend just until evenly incorporated.
5. Scoop dough into prepared pan and spread with a spatula (the surface should be level before baking).
6. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and there is no wet batter visible.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool FULLY before cutting (1 hour or more). For easiest cutting, run a knife around any edges of the bars that are touching the sides of the pan, then pull up on the parchment paper and place the giant bar on a cutting board. Cut with a serrated knife, wiping off between cuts as needed.
Recipe source – Glorious Treats