This recipe is from New York Times Cooking and has yet to be tried in my kitchen…but soon very soon!
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup broken-up walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan with cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, nuts, and salt. Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 square pan. Bake 40 minutes. Do not overbake; they should be gooey. Let cool, and cut into bars.