This is one of the best tilapia recipes that I have found. It was on Mutt and Chops.
- 4 tilapia fillets (approximately ⅓ pounds each)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Season both sides of the tilapia fillets with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Melt the butter and add the diced garlic, lemon juice, and chopped parsley.
- Place the seasoned tilapia fillets in a shallow baking pan.
- Spoon about ½ of the butter sauce over the fillets, making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Mix the panko and Parmesan cheese together, and spoon equally over each fillet.
- Bake until starting to turn golden grown (about 10 minutes).
- Randomly drizzle some of the remaining butter sauce over the fish and bake another 2 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. You can slightly warm up any remaining butter sauce if anyone wants to add some to their fish.