This certainly sounds delicious- other dried fruit and different nuts could be used. Just be sure to add the fruit after baking otherwise it can dry out and taste burnt. This is on my list of recipes to try from NYT Cooking.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups raw pistachios, hulled
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup coconut chips
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, combine oats, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, maple syrup, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown and well toasted.
- Transfer granola to a large bowl and add apricots, tossing to combine.