This past weekend we were in Washington for Megan’s wedding. After the ceremony we had a fabulous dinner! Best wedding food ever! Megan and Tyler hired a guy who has a BBQ food truck. Only it’s not really a truck, it’s a really awesome trailer. It was real Texas barbecue and the sides were the best ever. We all really liked the Red, White and Blue potato salad. I spent a little time on the internet searching for a recipe and this one sounds like it might come close.
- 2 lbs very small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 package of bacon cooked to a crisp and roughly chopped
- 5 ounces of blue cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium heat.
- Chop the red potatoes into 1 inch cubes, place into the boiling water, add in the sea salt. Boil for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the potatoes into a strainer to drain out all the water. Allow to potatoes to cool to room temperature. Once cooled add the bacon, cheese, green onion and celery.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, salt, and onion powder. Stir to combine. Add to the potatoes and stir until completely coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Can be stored in refrigerator in a sealed container, you may need to add more mayonnaise mixture to the salad as it will soak into the potatoes over time.